Search Here & Support S-H!

Custom Search

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Virus With Shoes

This is an article that was recently posted on nexopia.com.
I found it interesting and kind of similar to my own views so I have decided to post it here.
Never fear, there will be a new rant posted within the next couple of days. This is just a quick update.
All credit goes to quadeyedog of nexopia.com. It is interestingly titled "Virus With Shoes", the original article can be found here. Enjoy!

Today we live in a very nice world where we couldn't ask for anything more than what we have. David Cook has just won American Idol and we are now gearing up for Canadian Idol and the new season of Tila Tequila. The girlicious group is now formed and our ears and minds are being filled with this joyous news about whats going on in our favorite celebrities lives. while we sit here and complain about inconsequential issues like being a vegetarian and sometimes having something with meat in it served to us while we were trying to order something else on the menu.

What has this world come to? heres a theory, not the best one or even somewhat accurate but its getting to a point, through our evolution we are losing our intelligence because as the years progress there are more efficient ways of doing things everything seems to be set in stone and there are plenty of machines to do most tasks so the whole idea of progression has been put on a halt and now peoples biggest concerns seem to revolve around the idea of who is going to be booted off of the apprentice next week.

We are completely reliant on technology for everything myself included or for all I know only myself, for so many years I spent trying to be better than someone else, smarter, whatever the task was I had this desire to be the best and overly critical of everything. then I once again stepped back like I had done many times in my life before and said god damn I sure have been an idiot. only this time I've done irreversible damage to myself. An unfortunate side effect of a normal teenagers rebellious tendencies and now I have turned into a square so to speak.

Lots of meaningless rant here so I'll cut to the point, the simple fact is like many have stated and even more have not cared about, apathy is a plague and will be the cause of our inevitable demise. Filling our minds with useless information, being taught as we are growing up that tvs are fun and libraries are boring have made many of us into the disgusting people we have become today.

Once entering the much feared workforce and realizing that for many people at no age does gossip stop has made me lose lots of hope that I once had for a better world, we live in a world where peace is now a joke and impossible so not even worth striving for. Everyone works for themselves with little regard for their fellow neighbors.

Lets all live in our social bubbles be oblivious to the world around us make jokes because it makes it seem lighter and more inconsequential than it is, turn on our tvs see what reality show it on next or how we should dress ourselves so as to not make an embarrassment of ourselves for wearing something out of date and for the love of god almighty whatever you do do not do anything outside the norm. make sure everything you do will either get you money or help you get more money or you are wasting your time.

I hate you all and have some sweet dreams. unfortunately this will never be posted on this site for this is not interesting enough. jeeze I should have mentioned peta, teen pregnancy, britney spears, abortion, animal cruelty, or young love. If only I had stronger feelings for or against these powerful mind bending issues. Instead I could care less about them and before I leave you I will just say this. worry about yourselves stop concerning yourself with what people are eating, dressing like, doing with the fetus inside of them. Worry yourself with something more significant in the world that you could possibly control other than whining about what someones eating for dinner.

No comments: